Check out all the great merchandise
for sale with my images.
I've got shirts with most of these sayings on them at
YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM CHICAGO IF..
- The "Living Room" is called the "front room" (pronounced
- You don't pronounce the "s" at the end of Illinois. You become
irate at people who
- You measure distance in minutes (especially "from the city"). And
you swear everything is pretty much 15 minutes
- You have no problem spelling or pronouncing "Des Plaines"
- Your school classes were canceled because of cold
- Your school classes were canceled because of heat
- You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day
- Stores don't have sacks, they have bags
- You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition.
Example:"Where's my coat at?" or "If you go to
the mall I wanna go with."
- Your idea of a great tenderloin is when the meat is twice as big as
the bun, "everything" is on it and a slice of
dill pickle is on the side
- You carry jumper cables in your car
- You drink "pop."
- You understand that I-290, I-90, I-94, and I-294 are all different
- You know the names of the interstates: Stevenson, Kennedy,
Eisenhower,Dan Ryan, and the Edens
- But you call the interstates "expressways"
- You refer to anything South of I-80 as "Southern Illinois"
- You refer to Lake Michigan as "The Lake"
- You refer to Chicago as "The City"
- "The Super Bowl" refers to one specific game in a series of 35
played in January of
- No matter where you are, when you hear the term "Downtown" you
immediately assume they're talking about
- You have two favorite football teams: The Bears, and anyone who
beats the Packers!
- You buy "The Trib"
- You think 35 degrees is great weather to wash your car!
- You know what goes on a Chicago Style Hot Dog
- You know what Chicago Style Pizza REALLY is
- You know why they call Chicago "The Windy City"
- You understand what "lake-effect" means
- You know the difference between Amtrak and Metra, and know which
station they end up at.
You have ridden the "L"
- You can distinguish between the following area codes:
847,630,773,708, 312, & 815
- You have at some time in your life, used your furniture to guard
your parking spot in winter. (CHICAGO
- You respond to the question "Where are you from" with a side"
example:"WEST SIDE", "SOUTH SIDE" or "NORTHSIDE."
- You know what the phone number is to Empire Carpet!